Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mobile User Experience Graphic, via Sachendra

I came across the following graphic from a post by Sachendra on the Technology, Mobility, Usability and other Musings blog:




What I really like is how the picture depicts the "user" out and about, walking a dog. It gave me a smile, since I now carry my Android Incredible with me when I take out my own dog. My dog loves to stop and sniff around, one of her life's pleasures, and when she does, I found that it is a good time for me to interact with my connection to the world.

Although the picture in depicts a man, it could be a template for use during the user-centered design process. I see a lot of parents pushing strollers AND walking dogs as they are tethered to an iPhone or another sort of SmartPhone. In some cases, there are two dogs, and infant, and a toddler!

 The author of the blog post includes a series of video clips that show the different ways HTC, Motorola, and Sony Ericson have utilized the Android platform by tweaking the UI to enhanced the perceived user experience.

No comments: