Friday, June 4, 2010

Recent Video-clip of Jupiter, Hit by an Impactor - via Ars Technica

I thought I'd share info and links about a post on the Ars Technica blog about the latest news from...Jupiter.

Jupiter hit by another impactor Thursday; video inside
Kunio M. Sayanagi,  Ars Technica 6/3/10


"Wesley and Go are both dedicated amateur astronomers who observe Jupiter every night that the planet is visible from their back yards, and they both have track records of major discoveries. Wesley discovered theJupiter impact last summer; Go first discovered the color change in Oval BA, a major vortex of Jupiter that turned red in 2006 and is now known as the Red Spot Jr." -Kunio M. Sayanagi


IMPACT ON JUPITER, JUNE 3, 2010

Impact on Jupiter, June 3, 2010 from Ars Technica on Vimeo.


"An object impacted Jupiter on June 3, 2010 and it was caught on video by amateur astronomer Christopher Go of the Philippines."

FYI:
My dog woke me up at 4:00 AM to visit the yard, so I'm posting this while I'm waiting.

I was initially planning on reading the following post of an interview of Joseph Tobolski, a partner at Accenture Technology Labs who is knowledgeable about cloud computing.  The article was written by Jon Stokes, of Ars Technica:

Cloud tradeoffs: freedom of choice vs. freedom from choice

I especially liked this quote:


"I'm kind of reminded of that Dilbert cartoon where he's complaining about the size of his mailbox. And he hands someone a quarter and says, "There, double the size of my mailbox." That's the challenge that a lot of these services present—the [cloud] services arguably are different, and a lot of them are the same, but the perception is that they're all easy to get and very cheap, and why the heck does it take our internal IT function so much longer and so much more money to achieve the same perceived results?" - Joseph Tobolski

More on this topic later.  I need to let my dog back in so I can get back to the comfort of resting my head on my pillow until sunrise!

No comments: